Tuesday, February 7, 2017

January Recap! (& 10 Items Purged)

I totally started writing this post in oh, you know, the actual month of January.  Now somehow we are 1/4 through February.  "Mom brain" is still a valid excuse when your baby is 10 months old, right!?

One month down, 11 to go.  Here's how I fared in January...

-Not a single clothing, jewelry, shoes, or makeup item purchased  (HUZZAH!)
-Survived a trip to Target and the outlet mall
-Borrowed my best friend's clothes for a trip to Chicago
-Survived shopping on the Magnificent Mile without spending a dime
-Resisted the urge to purchase the most beautiful pink Beyond Yoga leggings (best pants in the world) at my Pure Barre Studio

So did I save GOBS of money this month or what!?  Well, no not really.  Whomp whomp.  John and I spent a lot of money in Chicago on food (and maybe drinks, too, full disclosure), and my son Beckett needed real shoes with soles since he's semi-walking now, as well as some 12 month clothes.  That said, I guarantee the credit card bill is lower than it would have been had I also been shopping this month.  Like $400 lower at least.  So that's a win!

I also decided that purging and donating needs to be a part of my challenge as well.  Not only do I need to stop adding to my stuff, I need to get rid of things that I should have never bought in the first place.  Donating them seems like a great way to help others while also helping myself.  So at the end of each month this year, I must get rid of 10 items - they can be shoes, clothing, purses, or jewelry.

Choosing 10 this month was super easy, but I'm sure by December I'll be struggling.  Here's what is vacating my closet:

2 pairs of booties and 1 pair of flats

2 necklaces

2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, and 1 sweater
So yeah it's probably cheating to count old sorority tees, but I'm going with it.

If you set a resolution this year, I hope January went well for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment