Monday, January 30, 2017

Pro Tip: Shop Your Bestie's Closet


I've always loved sharing my clothes and jewelry with friends.  And it's always been a crying shame that none of my friends wear a size 6 shoe!  But since I've always just bought new clothes whenever I needed wanted something different to wear, I haven't really been much of a borrower myself.  Well friends, don't be surprised if I raid your closet this year!

But seriously, we should all be sharing our clothes more often!  It's the perfect solution.  You get to wear something that feels new and that you've never been photographed in, without spending a dime.  Well unless you have to pay for dry cleaning after you spill red wine down the front... Oh, just me?

My husband John and I went on a weekend getaway to Chicago last weekend, and in 2016, this would have been the perfect excuse for buying several new outfits to wear.  Since that's not an option this year, I hit up my best friend Tracy and snagged 2 of her adorable tops to take with me to the windy city.  Thank you, Tracy!



I felt great in my borrowed clothes, still experienced the "thrill" of wearing something new, and didn't feel like I missed out on buying something new for the trip.  If you're trying to minimize your spending or shopping habits, but you still love putting together fun and new outfits, hit up your friends!  But maybe switch to white that night.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! It was kinda funny seeing Tracy lug half her closet into school at 6:30 in the morning! 😂 You look super cute in both tops!! Good choices 👍👍

    ReplyDelete