Thursday, March 2, 2017

February Recap & More Items Purged

Man did February fly by or what!?  It's crazy to think I am already 1/6 the way through my non-shopping journey.  So far, so good.  I have stuck to my goal without any slip-ups.  Not that it's always easy.

Case-in-point: Just this past week I ran into the super cute kids' boutique MudPie, because I still have a gift card to use for Beckett.  Whelp of course the first thing I see is an adorable woman's dress.  Followed by perfect-for-me wine glasses (Mimosas All Day and If You're Gonna Brunch, Brunch Hard - might as well have had a tag on them that said "These are for Nora!"), super cute $12 tassel bracelets, and awesome home decor pieces.


Seriously, MudPie!?  I thought I was safe here.  I thought this was a store with over-priced but precious CHILDREN'S clothes!  My inner dialog went something like this:  You have a gift card.  You won't be spending any ACTUAL money on yourself.  It's totally fine.  Buy 1 wine glass for yourself and 1 for a friend.  That's a gift.  No, Nora focus.  Your goal is much more important!  

Ridiculous monolog aside, I reminded myself that this journey is not just about saving money but about minimalizing (<--apparently not a real word but I'm going with it) and breaking the addiction to stuff.  I quickly shopped for Beck and then high-tailed it out of there without buying anything for me.  Mission accomplished.  Barely.

As I entered my closet to do my February purge, I decided to switch it up by focusing on one area of the closet each month.  I MUST get rid of at least 10 from each category, but I can go over if there is more to be purged.  Here's my plan for each month in case you want to join me in your own closet!


So here are the 15 tees and tanks I am donating this month:

Let me know if you are purging along with me!  Find more monthly recaps here.  Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment